Update from Monto Veterinary Services - BUSINESS AS USUAL
March 23rd, 2020
To our valued customers,
With the increasing news and concern regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Monto Veterinary Services (MVS) would like to ensure our clients that we are monitoring the situation and until further notice are open for business. Where possible though, we ask that you contact us via email, telephone or online rather than visiting our offices during this time.
At MVS, our priority is the health of our staff, our customers and their families and of course our pets & livestock. In line with advice from the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government Department of Health, we are taking the following steps:
Preventative Measures- designed to minimise any risk of transmission and ensure the safety and health of both our clients and our team:
- We have equipped all vehicles and both premises with hand sanitizer/disinfectants and have put strict protocols in place for our staff to follow, regarding the use of these.
- Both of our premises are being cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day and we will continue to ensure all necessary precautions are taken so that our work environments remain a safe and healthy place.
- We have provided our staff with appropriate hand and facial protection to use as they see fit.
- Our offices will remain open for business at this stage however we have lengthened our time between consultations to limit the number of people in our building at any one time. We ask that if you are attending one of our offices and there appears to be more than one car parked at the premise, please phone the clinic from the car park to request permission to enter.
- If you are unwell, please notify our office before your consultation is due to take place. We ask that a limit of one person per animal is present when attending or collecting an animal from our premises.
- If you have a non-emergency case, we have equipped ourselves with a telemedicine service, where a consultation can be provided to you over a visual communication service, fee paying. If medications or further diagnostic testing is required, these arrangements can be made from this point, on an individual case by case basis. Please be advised that this is a new service for us and may take time to initiate smoothly. If you would prefer a telemedicine consultation for your pet, please contact our office to make these arrangements.
- All of our MVS staff have been advised that should they feel unwell and present any of the symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever or shortness of breath) they are to self-isolate as advised by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Reliable Service of Products:
We are taking every measure within our control to ensure there is no impact on the delivery of products to our customers, so there is no need to buy prescriptions for your animals in bulk. For the foreseeable future, we do not expect any delays due to low stock levels.
We encourage you all to stay safe and practice social distancing. If our circumstances change, we will be promptly back in touch with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our office on (07) 4166 1285.
Dr Stacey Rae & Mr Mathew Littleton
Monto Veterinary Services
Our dedicated team is always here for your pets
Our Veterinary Hospital provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At our Veterinary Hospital, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you’ll be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
A big part of our local community
Our Veterinary Hospital has been an integral part of our local community for years. In that time, we’ve helped thousands of our clients cats & dogs, rabbits & guinea pigs, birds, horses and even a few snakes. Being so strongly integrated with our local community is important to us and our clients. Our customers know by experience that they can rely on us for sound advice and treatment options and that their pet is in the very best hands with our team.